Frequently asked questions

We have partnered with a number of insurers, and the details of the insurer will be detailed on all quotes provided.

All Risks Insurance is fully comprehensive cover which includes loss, accidental damage and theft. Find out more here

The Production Insurance will indemnify you for damages on related costs that you become legally liable to pay in respect of bodily injury, property damage or nuisance caused by an occurrence in connection with your business.

A professional indemnity policy is designed to protect against any errors & omissions that may be made, and includes extensions that are very important for creative professionals, such as breach of Infringement of intellectual property rights including copyright infringement, or any misappropriation of musical compositions, graphic material, or artwork.

We would always recommend professional indemnity. Claims relating to copyright and intellectual property are on the increase. It’s very easy for a third party to bring an allegation of negligence or breach of intellectual property, even if the grounds for doing so are unfounded. Professional indemnity would provide a legal defence in such instances.

The Production Insurance will indemnify you for damages and related claims that you become legally liable to pay in respect of bodily injury sustained by an employee arising out of and in the course of their employment by you and caused by an occurrence in connection with your business.

You will need to take out Employers Liability if you have an employee.

With the pandemic accelerating our move towards a more digital world, cyber crime has increased with criminals taking advantage of the disruption and using phishing and malware. Anyone who uses computers or the internet at work, holds data about customers, suppliers or employees, carries out online transactions, or uses social media, should have cyber security insurance.

Yes, you can make changes by either calling the office or sending an email.

An equipment list is not mandatory however we would kindly advise one is submitted.

Yes, this can also include second hand values

Yes, it is covered on a Worldwide basis. However, this will exclude any areas of conflict.

Theft from unattended vehicles is limited to £5,000 if there
is no manufacturers approved alarm, this increases to £15,000
if there is an approved alarm installed

If you need to make a claim please contact the office by telephone 0208 659 5038 or email .

The standard excess is £200, £500 theft from vehicles

You can pay in full, by two instalments or by Direct Debit.

Through Premium Credit there is a 5.4% charge. This is subject to change so please check with us what the current charge is. Hiscox, however, has an interest-free facility.

We do not charge Administration fees however an increase in cover may result in an additional premium due.

This relates to equipment you may of hired in. In the event of a claim a supplier would expect there loss of earnings to be reimbursed.

I've been dealing with Williamson Carson for over 20 years having been introduced to them through the Association of Photographers of which I'm a member. When I've had a claim, however complex, it has been dealt with quickly and efficiently and they very much work for you. They really understand the industry and just happen to be a great bunch of people to deal with.

– Larry Bray

Tom Carson & Williamson Carson have been my insurance brokers for over 15 years. The advice and cover they provides is both comprehensive and realistic. Tom's many years insuring the photographic and film industry means he is never fazed when I throw him last minute curve balls on shoots & on the 2 occasions I have needed my insurance it was dealt with swiftly & professionally. I highly recommend Tom and his team.

– Katy Niker, Burnham Niker